Slack is a free messaging app that connects people and enables them to communicate in new ways. Typically used in work settings, we have found a way to adapt Slack for our spiritual community.
What Slack Will Do For Us
- Allow groups to communicate in real-time using “channels,” which are like old-school chat rooms.
- Enable instant messaging between individuals or groups.
- Allow people to communicate in private groups that require an invitation.
- Schedule messages that can be sent at a later time.
- Make phone calls in Slack using your computer.
To download to your smartphone, go to the app store on your phone and search for “Slack.”
Note: If you already use Slack and you wish to join our workspace, you might want to check out this article on managing multiple workspaces in Slack.
- Click the button below to join our Slack group. It’s named “SSC-Sufis”.
- You will be asked if you’d like to join “SSC-Sufis on Slack” using Google, Apple, or your Email. Select the option you prefer and follow the instructions until you are asked to create a Slack account.
- Create an account using your Google account settings, Apple account settings, or you can manually enter your name and other information. Click Next.
- Slack will ask you if you wish to turn on notifications. After you answer, click the “Take me to Slack!” button.
- You are now in Slack! Great job!
If these instructions didn’t work for you, or you want more in-depth information on how to use Slack, check out their handy, step-by-step getting started guide. Click here to access it and chat with your spiritual family today!
We look forward to chatting with you soon!