“Through this process, you will purify your body, your heart, your soul, your spirit and your intellect. And if you continue to do this, you will actualize your annihilation in your spiritual guide, in the leader of your guidance. Nothing will separate you and Him. Nothing will serve as a barrier between you and Him. You must fully direct yourself toward Allah and call upon the guide’s spirit and it will rise to you. Then after that, the spirits of the prophets will also come to you when you call them and then the divine light will shower you and epiphanies will come directly toward you from Allah. Allah will come toward you from the realm of humanity to the divine realm.” – Sidi
- Make a sacrifice to help your walking. The sacrifice will be used to help the poor.
- On a Thursday night after the Isha prayer, pray two rakʿah. Fully direct yourself toward Allah with the intention, “Please Allah, purify me, my body, my soul, my heart, my spirit, and my intellect.”
- Recite the du’a below 1,000 times, preferably in Arabic.
- Bring Sidi’s spirit into your consciousness, and also the Prophet Muhammad’s spirit (which brings in the spirits of all the prophets). In this way enter into the Reality of Allah.
- Recite, “Ya Allah” 1,000 times.
- Then recite al-Fatiha once, asking Allah to purify you from every blemish and to use you to serve in the way of the Truth.
- Repeat this process (two rakah, 500-1,000 recitations, al-Fatiha) on the next two consecutive nights.
- Upon completing the process on the third night promise Allah that you will fulfill your walking in the way of the truth.
- Every month repeat this process, and by Allah’s permission you will annihilate; you will get consumed in Allah and be purified.
allahumm-j-ʿal fi badani nura(n)
wa fi nafsi nura(n)
wa fi qalbi nura(n)
wa fi ruhi nura(n)
wa fi ʿaqli nura(n)
wa-j-ʿal min amami nura(n)
wa min kẖalfi nura(n)
wa miñ fawqi nura(n)
wa miñ tahta aqdami nura(n)
wa ʿan yamini nura(n)
wa ʿan yasari nura(n)
Oh Allah, put light in my body
and light in my soul
and light in my heart
and light in my spirit
and light in my intellect
and put in front of me light
and behind me light
and above me light
and underneath my feet light
and light on my right side
and light on my left side
Note: You can amend the above directions in these ways:
- You can recite the dua 500-1,000 times instead of 1,000 times.
- You do this on any three nights of the month, and they do not have to be consecutive.
- It can be done anytime between Maghrib and Fajr.