Hakima (Chaplain) Amany Shalaby, M.A.
About Universal Chaplaincy
Universal Chaplaincy was established to train chaplains to answer questions pertaining to one’s faith and to care for the individual’s spiritual wellness and her relationship with God. The chaplain facilitates a way for the individual to cope with life’s challenges, to find meaning in life, explore new possibilities, enhance their awareness of the sacredness of life, and discover a source of inner joy, and peace. The chaplain, like a physician, provides compassionate spiritual care for everyone without discrimination.
Hidden Pearls: Spiritual Reflections Inspired by the Qur'an
by Amany Shalaby
Amany's Teachings, Articles & Recordings
Amany Shalaby, M.A.
Amany is the Founder of Universal Chaplaincy, a Certified Clinical Chaplain by Adventhealth and Member of The Association of Muslim Chaplains
– Amany obtained her certificate of clinical pastoral chaplaincy from Adventhealth, FL, 2020.
– In 2015, she earned her master’s degree in comparative philosophy of religion from Middlesex University in London.
– She earned her post-graduate diploma in Islamic studies from the Islamic College of Advanced Studies in London in 2002
– She obtained an ijazah (license) from Sidi Shaikh Muhammad Sa’id al-Jamal, who was the Imam for al-Masjid al-Aqsa and the Head of the Sufi Counsel in Jerusalem for thirty years. She served for twelve years as the Shaikh’s simultaneous interpreter and she translated twenty books on Islamic spirituality, written by the Shaikh.
– She has eighteen years of experience providing Islamic Sufi education and spiritual care for several Shadhiliyya Sufi communities across the states, and she is a faculty member at the University of Spiritual Healing and Sufism.
– She is currently serving as a chaplain and gender equity coordinator for Muslim Women’s Organization.
– She is the author of The Essence of Creation, and The Emanation of Consciousness
– She also wrote Hidden Pearls, a book of poems.
. She also authored two children’s books published by Richard Ownes Publications Inc.:
– She lives in Florida and is a mother of three children, a son, and two daughters.fa
Ask an Imam Posts
As salaam alaykum, I was wondering about any guidance or resources to learn more about Muslim teachings on end of life health care decisions and advance health care directives. What sort of criteria to use in making decisions about what measures to continue…Thank you so much…
Ask an Imam
Asalaam Alaikum, my question is regarding “hexes”. My daughter and I had a recent discussion about a video we saw where a woman’s health issues stemmed from someone taking her picture and casting a “hex” on it thus effecting her
I have had to ask for the community to donate to me, I have fallen behind in my payments to ISH, my medical, and so on. I received a partial tax refund which I will need to make last. I
Asalaam Alaikum, During a recent class it was mentioned that there are minimum things a believer must do….
I am unclear on what these “minimum” things are that we need to do. Could you please list them? Thank you
In the Qur’an Allah sometimes speaks referring to Himself as “We” as in; “We took a covenant from the children of Israel” (Q2:83)…
In the Qur’an Allah sometimes speaks referring to Himself as “We” as in; “We took a covenant from the children of Israel” (Q2:83) and “We gave Musa the Book” (Q2:87). How am I to understand this term “We” in reference